Currently I am a lecturer at the Basic Psychology Department II (Complutense University of Madrid, Spain) and a Researcher at the Cognitive and Computational Neuroscience Laboratory (Centre for Biomedical Technology, Technical University of Madrid, Spain). My research interests are in 1) Visual Perception with a focus on Bayesian inference. 2) Central pain processing, particularly, in fibromyalgia. 3) Methods in Neuroimaging. The techniques I use are MEG and EEG. Previously I was a Ramón y Cajal investigator at these two institutions. Prior to that I was a postdoctoral researcher at the York Neuroimaging Centre (University of York, UK), at the Institute for Theoretical Computer Science (Graz University of Technology, Austria) and the Department of Psychology (University of Newcastle upon Tyne, UK). I did my PhD on computational neuroscience at the Physics Department of the Autónoma University of Madrid (Spain)
Other research interests
- Gonzalez-Moreno A, Aurtenetxe S, Lopez-Garcia ME, del Pozo F, Maestu F, Nevado A. Signal-to-noise ratio of the MEG signal after preprocessing. J. Neurosci. Methods. 2014 Jan; 222:56-61. PubMed ID: 24200506. PDF file.
- Maestú C, Blanco M, Nevado A, Romero J, Rodríguez-Rubio P, Galindo J, Bautista Lorite J, de las Morenas F, Fernández-Argüelles P. Reduction of pain thresholds in fibromyalgia after very low-intensity magnetic stimulation: a double-blinded, randomized placebo-controlled clinical trial. Pain Res Manag. 2013; 18(6):e101-6. PubMed ID: 24308025.
- Maestu C, Cortes A, Vazquez JM, del Rio D, Gomez-Arguelles JM, del Pozo F, Nevado A. Increased brain responses during subjectively-matched mechanical pain stimulation in fibromyalgia patients as evidenced by MEG. Clin Neurophysiol. 2013 Apr; 124(4):752-60. PubMed ID: 23121899.
- Nevado A, Hadjipapas A, Kinsey K, Moratti S, Barnes GR, Holliday IE, Green GG. Estimation of functional connectivity from electromagnetic signals and the amount of empirical data required. Neurosci. Lett.. 2012 Mar; 513(1):57-61. PubMed ID: 22329975.
- Buldú JM, Bajo R, Maestú F, Castellanos N, Leyva I, Gil P, Sendiña-Nadal I, Almendral JA, Nevado A, del-Pozo F, Boccaletti S. Reorganization of functional networks in mild cognitive impairment. PLoS ONE. 2011; 6(5):e19584. PubMed ID: 21625430.
- Maestú F, Yubero R, Moratti S, Campo P, Gil-Gregorio P, Paul N, Solesio E, del Pozo F, Nevado A. Brain activity patterns in stable and progressive mild cognitive impairment during working memory as evidenced by magnetoencephalography. J Clin Neurophysiol. 2011 Apr; 28(2):202-9. PubMed ID: 21399524.
- Maestu F, Baykova E, Ruiz JM, Montejo P, Montenegro M, Llanero M, Solesio E, Gil P, Yubero R, Paul N, Pozo F, Nevado A. Increased biomagnetic activity in healthy elderly with subjective memory complaints. Clin Neurophysiol. 2011 Mar; 122(3):499-505. PubMed ID: 20826109.
- Bajo R, Maestú F, Nevado A, Sancho M, Gutiérrez R, Campo P, Castellanos NP, Gil P, Moratti S, Pereda E, Del-Pozo F. Functional connectivity in mild cognitive impairment during a memory task: implications for the disconnection hypothesis. J. Alzheimers Dis.. 2010; 22(1):183-93. PubMed ID: 20847450.
- Kinsey K, Anderson SJ, Hadjipapas A, Nevado A, Hillebrand A, Holliday IE. Cortical oscillatory activity associated with the perception of illusory and real visual contours. Int J Psychophysiol. 2009 Sep; 73(3):265-72. PubMed ID: 19397939.
- Hadjipapas A, Casagrande E, Nevado A, Barnes GR, Green G, Holliday IE. Can we observe collective neuronal activity from macroscopic aggregate signals? Neuroimage. 2009 Feb; 44(4):1290-303. PubMed ID: 19041404.
- MacPherson H, Green G, Nevado A, Lythgoe MF, Lewith G, Devlin R, Haselfoot R, Asghar AU. Brain imaging of acupuncture: comparing superficial with deep needling. Neurosci. Lett.. 2008 Mar; 434(1):144-9. PubMed ID: 18294772.
- Guo K, Robertson RG, Pulgarin M, Nevado A, Panzeri S, Thiele A, Young MP. Spatio-temporal prediction and inference by V1 neurons. Eur. J. Neurosci.. 2007 Aug; 26(4):1045-54. PubMed ID: 17714195.
- Guo K, Robertson R, Nevado A, Pulgarin M, Mahmoodi S, Young MP. Primary visual cortex neurons that contribute to resolve the aperture problem. Neuroscience. 2006; 138(4):1397-406. PubMed ID: 16446037.
- Guo K, Nevado A, Robertson RG, Pulgarin M, Thiele A, Young MP. Effects on orientation perception of manipulating the spatio-temporal prior probability of stimuli. Vision Res.. 2004; 44(20):2349-58. PubMed ID: 15246751.
- Nevado A, Young MP, Panzeri S. Functional imaging and neural information coding. Neuroimage. 2004 Mar; 21(3):1083-95. PubMed ID: 15006676.
- Nevado A, Turiel A, Parga N. Scene dependence of the non-Gaussian scaling properties of natural images. Network. 2000 May; 11(2):131-52. PubMed ID: 10880003.
Electronic versions are provided as a professional courtesy to ensure timely dissemination of academic work for individual, noncommercial purposes. Copyright (and all rights therein) resides with the respective copyright holders, as stated within each paper. These files may not be reposted without permission.