Research line coordinated by Stephan Moratti.
My team and me are investigating basic neuronal mechanism of emotional processing in the brain. We are interested in how emotional relevance influences perceptual processes in the brain. We are also interested in basic fear learning mechanism. One major question within this research line is how emotional processing is affected in affective disorders such as depression and anxiety disorders (PTSD). However, to understand better how emotion influences perception we also study basic perceptual processes in the visual system.
We work in close collaboration with the Clinical Neuroscience Laboratory.
We use techniques like Magnetoencephalography (MEG), Electroencephalography (EEG), and intracranial EEG recordings.
Our team applies advanced cortical source localization techniques to MEG/ EEG data in the time and time-frequency domain. We also use functional and effective connectivity measures to estimate neuronal coupling derived from MEG/ EEG data.
- Cristina Saugar, PhD (finished)
- Constantino Méndez Bértolo, PhD (finished)
- Ana Galarza, PhD (finished)
- Javier Echegaray (in course)
- Alejandro Santos Mayo (in course)
- Tamara Giménez Fernández (finished)
- Javier de Echegaray y Díaz de Otazu (finished)
- Alejandro Santos Mayo (finished)
- Myriam Joana Laremont Bumedien (finished)
Collaborating students (UCM):
- Morika Georgieva
- Maria Modelska
- Belén Benito
- Raluca Andreea Stan
- Melissa Yuan (Boston, USA)
- Luianta Verra (Berlin, Germany)